Faridabad Hindustan ab tak/Dinesh Bhardwaj : Thousands of students from Universities all over India are participating in the ‘National Environment Youth Forum 2021’ being organized in the virtual mode by Paryavaran Sanrakshan Gatividhi from January 12- January 26, 2021. It is imperative for the youth to participate actively in all relevant levels of decision-making processes on environment sustainability because it affects their lives today and has implications for their futures. They also bring unique perspectives. With this background, the National Environment Youth Forum being organized on the theme of ‘Paryavaran Chetna’ is organizing a series of Group Discussions at the University Level, Regional Level and the All-India Level.
The University Level competitions are being held at respective Universities across eight Zones from January 12- January 20 on the occasion of National Youth Day (Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda). Two students from each University shall be shortlisted to participate in the Regional finals to be held on January 23 to mark the Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. Three students from each Region will compete and share their views on the environment in the Grand Finale which will be held on January 26.
A National Youth Icon who demonstrates the Vision and the passion to work for the cause of environment shall be selected at the Grand Finale. The selected Youth Icon maybe nominated for a sponsored short-term environment course in an Ivy League University. Apart from that, three top teams and the Best speaker shall also be announced at the Grand Finale and honoured with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. All the competitions shall be judged by noted environmentalists and academicians.
– Natural Resource Management in Urban Economies
– Exploitation of forests for Bio prospecting and Bio pharming
– How we can manage natural disasters with sustainable practices
– Environment friendly waste management specific to e-waste
– Conservation of wildlife and biodiversity
– Alternate sources of energy & India energy
– Blue economy
– Developing carbon neutral resource efficient strategies (Region specific)
– Urban farming for climate action and food security
– New frontiers of green technology for climate action
– Role of ethical & moral education for climate awareness
– Sustainable practices for managing and reducing farming waste and residues to address
– Lifestyle, economic and social changes linked to conservation of environment
– Plastic Treaty – India’s Roles and Responsibility
– Role of Individuals/Households in adopting Environment Friendly Conservation
Interested students can register themselves for participation in the National Environment Youth
Forum 2021 through the link https://forms.gle/WGE6LR7BRMjrMCEN8