Faridabad Hindustan ab tak/Dinesh Bhardwaj : 27 January More than 25,000 students from 250+ affiliated colleges and 75+ universities across India participated in the National Environment Forum 2021 organized by ParyavaranSanrakshanGatividhi (PSG).
The Award Ceremony of the National Environment Youth Forum 2021 was presided today by ShriPrakashJavadekar, Hon’ble Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. Ms. AaryaChavda, an 11 year old environment crusader was the Guest of Honour. Also present on the occasion were Sh. GopalArya, National Convenor, PSG; Sh. Rakesh Jain, National SahSanyojak, PSG; Dr. PrashantBhalla, President, Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI); Dr. H D Charan, VC, Bikaner Technical University; Dr. Sanjay Jain, Chancellor, BhagwanMahavir University; Dr. N C Wadhwa, DG, MREI and Vice Chancellors and Heads of many Institutions.
Sh. PrakashJavadekarduring his address said: “While we are all in 2021 today, we do not have to panic but we should be more aware. In a country with a population of 130 crore, we all have to move towards “Sustainable Development”, and we all need to think seriously about climate change.We have to consider both the development of the country and the protection of the environment together. We are still using renewable energy, and India is the only country today to operate a biofuel flight from Delhi to Dehradun. And not only this, we have more forests than before and now India is very much dependent on wind energy and solar energy”.
While sharing the details of the event, Dr. PrashantBhalla said: “Through this event, we have been able to sensitize thousands of youth on their role for the environment. We are very confident that this shall be a game changer in improving the environmental landscape of the country. Our young medal winners and the National Environment Youth Icon have a very critical role. Their contributions hold immense importance in finding innovative challenges to pressing environmental concerns and in inspiring the youth of the country. They are going to be the sculptors of New India”.
- National Youth Icon – DevPrakash Sharma from Chandigarh University
2. Best Speaker – Ms. Sayyada Jamal ZehraZaidi from ChaudharyCharan Singh University, Meerut
3. Gold Medal – Kavya G L from St. Francis De Sales Degree College, Bengaluru; Ms. AishwaryaChandrashekar from Ramaiah Institute Of Management, Bengaluru; and Ms. Namratha P from International School for Business and Research (ISBR), Bangalore University
4. Silver Medal: Chetna Mishra from Dr. Hari Singh GourVishwavidyalaya, Sagar, M.P.; Ms. SuparnaBitasoka, National Institute of Technology, Raipur; Ms. Tanu Joshi fromDr. APJ Abdul Kalam University, Indore
5. Bronze Medal: Ms. Sayyada Jamal ZehraZaidi from ChaudharyCharan Singh University, Meerut; Ms. Shrishti Bhattacharya, Chandrashekhar University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur; PriyaTripathi, M.G.C.G.V Chitrkoot (Madhya Pradesh)
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MRIIRS) was the host University for the Grand Finale and the Award Ceremony.
About ParyavaranSanrakshanGatividhi (PSG): PSG is an all-India group dedicated to protect, analyze and monitor the environment against misuse by the human forces. The aim of the group is to focus on building an eco-friendly society where there is consciousness about planting trees, preservation and respect for the blue gold i.e. water and the menace of Solid Waste generation.
About Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI): MREI encompasses a mélange of vibrant world-class institutions spread across the country. These include Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MRIIRS, formerly Manav Rachna International University); Manav Rachna University (MRU, formerly Manav Rachna College of Engineering); Manav Rachna Dental College (under the ambit of MRIIRS); Manav Rachna International Schools (in Faridabad, Noida, Gurugram, Ludhiana and Mohali); and Kunskapsskolan schools (Lucknow, Gurugram, Bengaluru).